Friday, March 20, 2009

Teacher, teacher! Pick me, pick me!

If you’ve been around the blogosphere for any time at all, you’ve most likely heard of the She Speaks conference put on every year by Proverbs 31 Ministries.


It’s basically a writing and speaking conference for Christian...you guessed it, female writers and speakers! Last year they added a blogging track as well and we happened to be moving across several states at the time and going just wasn’t an option then.

After attending both Blissdom ’08 and Blissdom ’09, I know firsthand the value of going to a blogging conference where information, resources, and expertise are right at my very fingertips. But what is more, those friendships formed and renewed – well, no one can put a price on that.

She Speaks for me has always been a that-would-be-so-great-but-I-just-can’t-afford-it item on a wish list. Until today.

Jo-Lynne, who is my designer of choice and whom I had a BLAST with at Blissdom, AND is speaking at She Speaks, casually mentioned in her post today that Lysa TerKeurst and Proverbs 31 Ministries are offering one scholarship worth the cost of registration for the conference this year.

So, wala! Welcome to my entry post. I want to go because there is always room for improvement with everything we do, this side of heaven. Blogging just happens to be my current outlet. I want to go because I want to hang out with Jo-Lynne and Emily again and whoever else I met at Blissdom that will also be there. I want to meet the fabulous Lysa, and hear Boomama and THE Big Mama talk about all things blogging.

But this conference in particular? THIS is where blogging intersects with Christian ministry and faith-sharing -- admittedly something I don't do very often. (Maybe this conference will teach me to be more bold?)

Andy had mentioned a while back maybe we could try for me to go but the fact of the matter is, we still can’t justify the cost. At least this way, I’d get to go without a hit to our checkbook. And all Andy has to do is survive the weekend with three small kids and a new puppy.

No biggie.

3 comments:

MommyAmy said...

Good luck! That sounds like a great conference!

Charlotte said...

This sounds awesome... I am giving you a bit of competition :) Thanks for the info! If I don't win, I hope you win :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I wish it were up to me...I'd send you in a heartbeat!