Friday, March 6, 2009

Stuck

I am discouraged and very frustrated. Nicky and I took the kids to the park yesterday and I threw my keys in our lunch bag, in the possibility that Andy might lock the house when he left for work. When we got home, my keys were nowhere in sight.

Yeah. I lost the one and only key to my van.

I’ve looked everywhere. Searched through my kitchen garbage even, in case Adelaide had tossed them in. We’ll keep looking today, but probably we’re going to have to get the car towed and rekeyed.

Which is not cheap, in case you’re wondering.

I feel badly for Drew because his blanket and all his cars are locked inside. And so are all the carseats, on a more practical note.

All these things we don’t even think about and take for granted every single day!!!

***Edited to add: I'm now $213 poorer but I've got a new key. So we can all go to church on Sunday, which is something.

11 comments:

Meagan Dennison said...

Did you check the garbage at the park?

Debbie and Lane said...

How frusterating. Good luck, I hope you find your keys.

Tami said...

I feel for you. We have only one key to my husband's car also. I keep meaning to get a spare made (luckily it's not one with a chip in it) but haven't yet. Maybe now I'll be more motivated to get it done!

I hope you find it! Did you put cold stuff in your lunch bag? Look in the fridge.

bobw said...

did you contact those metal detector guys from the neighbors email list?

EmilyV said...

Glad you got a new key.

I'm stuck, too, while waiting to see if my van is going to be repaired or if they are going to declare it totaled. Fortunately we have an extra set of car seats.

Jason and Gretchen said...

UGH! I'm so sorry! We've done that before. Those expenses make my stomach hurt. :( I'm glad you got it taken care of and will be at church tomorrow!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Ugh!!! I'm glad you got a new key, but so sorry you had to PAY for it! And so much...I'm with Jason and Gretchen. Those kind of expenses are painful!

Kendra said...

Hope they made you multiple copies!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh Moriah...that is so NOT fun. Glad you got a replacement made, but sorry you had to pay so much.

AudreyO said...

Oh man, that is so frustrating. I think most of us have either locked our keys in our car, misplaced our keys etc. I try so hard to keep a 2nd set of all keys for those times I just can't seem to find them.

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

$213! Gasp! I am so sorry - but glad you got back into your van. Super frustrating!