Sunday, March 8, 2009

But today? Was glorious.

It's been a little bit of a bumpy weekend around here. I already mentioned losing my only van key - we even had a metal detector guy walk around the premises with no luck. I'm thinking my keys are in the house somewhere. But Adelaide's not telling.

We also misplaced Andy's paycheck. When it rains it pours, so to speak. We did eventually find it yesterday, slipped down between the passenger's seat and door of Andy's car. Not exactly a door he uses often, you know?

And Friday night I had tried to take a quick trip to Walmart but it ended up taking THREE HOURS due mostly to traffic. (I think there had been an accident.) We are about 3 miles away, to give you an idea of how outrageous the time spent was. I was blocked in on all sides and totally helpless. And I felt badly because I had left my girls with Nicky and it took so much longer than expected. All the kids were STARVING when we got home.

And then we lost an hour. You all know how that was.

But this morning we got to church almost on time and had an impromptu lunch invitation with some wonderful friends. We even got a Sunday nap and some fresh air at the park.

The weather really has been divine. Tonight we ate our pizza (a long-standing Sunday evening tradition in my family) outside:




One thing is for certain, I'm already loving all this extra daylight.

12 comments:

Heather said...

I can't get past what I think is Little Caesars sitting right there in your pics. I LOVE LITTLE CAESARS! I haven't had it in so long!!

Anyway, glad the weekend got better for ya :) I agree, I was not on board with this whole time change until tonight when we stayed outside way too late playing with our neighbors!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm hating the lost hour, but LOVIN' that it's light at 6:30pm!

Pizza is a fun Sunday night tradition.

Glad you found the paycheck, and glad things are lookin' up. Hope you have a great week.

Jason and Gretchen said...

Being in Franklin all day Saturday I felt like I lost two hours because of the time zone and daylight savings. :)

Our Sunday night tradition is cereal, the kids can't believe they get cereal for dinner!

Mamacita said...

We're loving springish weather too. It makes all the clouds go away, doesn't it! I actually have a metal detector if you want to figure out how to use it and walk around your house...

Dolly said...

We ate and played outside yesterday too!! You need to come down soon so they can all play outside together!

Nicky said...

Hey, don't feel bad- I am sure I will need you at some point to watch my kids for three hours- maybe more! Wait, you already have done that- many many times.

Nina Diane said...

glad the weekend turned upward :)
your kids are so cute

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

I absolutely LOVE Sunday traditions!

JanMary said...

Glad the weekend ended better than it started.

Funny how when you lose an hour and should struggle with the time, you can be early!

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Oh, thank God you found the paycheck...that would've been bad news.

Eating pizza outside - that sounds heavenly.

Trina said...

I am so behind on my blog reading! Ugh.

Sorry you lost your key. I only have one to my car so if it's ever lost we're stuck too. Luckily I have AAA so to get it unlocked is free.

I wish my kids were into pizza, but my picky daughter hates the sauce. What?!

Jen said...

Thanks for the congrats!
I'm glad I am not the only one who has lost keys, cell phones and other important items more than often they should.
It drives my husband crazy. I just found my wedding ring at the bottom of a laundry pile after missing it for 4 days!
Jen